Friday, October 15, 2010

Granny Polish alert!

So we move on to pink polish number 3 and this is one of the ones I got in my haul the other day, 17's Pinking Sheer. I had earmarked this as an 'interview polish'. One that I might lash on for a job interview when I didn't have time for the classic French Manicure. In the bottle it looked shimmery and there appeared to be a couple of different things going on, a bit of blue and pink shimmer in the mix.

But on the nails... Oh dear. I knew after one coat I was going to hate this! But I applied the second and hoped that a miracle would appear and transform this... Nope! This was a sheer, frosty pinky, white. The name of the polish is very very apt to be fair, its pink and its sheer. It is completely not me! It reminded me of old lady polish... Its slightly more pink than it appears here.


You can see the colour better in the fuzzy picture and the brushstrokey, frosty finish (and the lovely sunny day in Cork!) in the second clearer picture.
Application was good on this, no major problems... For a polish I did not like this lasted for ages! I was too tired from work to muster the energy to take this off, and it was 3 days and not a chip in sight, that was not having used any topcoat (I know, slap on the wrist!). So at least it has that going for it, even if the colour is horrific!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    sounds like a good quality polish at least and it would have been oh so sophisticated circa 1994... i think i still kinda like it :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I find the wear on 17 polishes to be fantastic in general! Great for such a cheap brand...

    ReplyDelete